Got that friend who shivers from November to April? Give them a gift to keep them warm and cozy all through the winter months.
1. For every cozy. U.S. made infinity scarf, hat or pair of gloves you buy, Twice As Warm gives one to a local shelter or organization to help people in need stay warm this winter.
2. Is there anything better on a cold night than wrapping up in a soft comforter, maybe with a cup of hot chocolate? The Company Store has partnered with Family Promise, a New Jersey-based nonprofit dedicated to helping homeless families. They match every comforter purchase with one donated to a homeless child in the U.S.
3. Love Your Melon began as a project for an entrepreneurship class at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minn. Three years later, more than 2500 students at colleges across the country act as ambassadors to represent the brand and personally give hats to children undergoing cancer treatment. Fifty percent of proceeds are donated to the Pinky Swear Foundation and CureSearch.
4. Each pashmina shawl by Shawl Wallah is handwoven and colored with environmentally friendly vegetable dyes. The company reinvests in the communities populated by the Kashmiri artisans who make the shawls. Your purchase supports sustainable economic growth, fair trade practices and programs to support children.
5. When the winter chill stings your toes, pull on a pair of patterned socks from Mitscoots. Every pair bought means a pair donated. The company pairs with nonprofit and social service organizations to employ individuals fighting homelessness.