AHC is a nonprofit developer of affordable housing in the mid-Atlantic region that provides quality homes for low- and moderate-income families. Created in 1975, AHC has developed 38 properties with more than 4,400 affordable apartments. Our Resident Services department, initiated more than 20 years ago, is helping build stronger futures for more than 2,000 children, youth and adults who live in our affordable housing communities through education programs, community partnerships and local services.
AHCs Teen Tutoring Program offers teens resources for helping them with school work, guidance on how to succeed in high school, and making plans for their future beyond high school. Through participation in our program, teens learn to set high expectations for their academic performance and learn the skills necessary for academic achievement. The staff and volunteer tutors who facilitate our programs provide vital support through one-on-one mentoring and coaching. The first day of programming is September 21st and the last day is June 4th. We follow the Arlington Public School schedule and do not have programming on school off days and vacations. Programming is Monday-Thursday from 6 - 8 p.m. and volunteers are needed for one hour once or multiple times a week.
We need assistance at the following community centers:
1. Fort Henry - 2470 S. Lowell Street, Arlington, VA 22204
2. Harvey Hall - 850 S. Greenbrier St., Arlington, VA 22204
3. Virginia Gardens - 1712 S. Taylor St., Arlington, VA 22204
4. Rinker at Gates of Ballston - 4108 4th St. N, Arlington, VA 22203
5. The Berkeley - 2910 S. Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22206
6. Woodbury Park/The Frederick - 2230 N. Fairfax Dr., Arlington, VA 22201
Contact: Cindy Rozon, firstname.lastname@example.org